Withdrawal, Cancellation & Refund Procedures for USSSA CONNECTICUT
WHEN A SOFTBALL TEAM WITHDRAWS PRIOR TO A WEEKEND EVENT
USSSA CONNECTICUT understands that unforeseen circumstances, especially injuries, roster defections, player availability, etc., can occur throughout a season. Teams should also plan for the unexpected and understand that the scheduling process starts weeks and sometimes months before an event is scheduled.
- A full refund shall be given if a team withdraws on or before the 21st day prior to the tournament.
- A full refund less a $100 withdrawal fee shall be given if a team withdraws from the 20th day prior to a tournament up until the schedule is posted.
- A 50% refund shall be given if a team withdraws after the schedule is posted and a replacement team is found prior to 48 hours before the start of the event.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws after the schedule is posted and a replacement team is not found prior to 48 hours before the start of the event.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws within 48 hours before the event’s start, regardless of whether or not a replacement team is found. When this occurs, it is still the team’s obligation to notify the tournament director that they will not be participating.
WHEN A SOFTBALL TEAM WITHDRAWS PRIOR TO A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT
The withdrawal deadline and the entry deadline are the same. A team will be given a full refund of the entry and gate fees if they withdraw on or before the entry deadline. No entry or gate fee refund will be given if a team withdraws after the entry deadline.
REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS OR SHORTENING OF AN EVENT
While USSSA CONNECTICUT will make every attempt to play each event, weather and other unforeseen circumstances may prevent an event from being completed or, in some cases, even starting. In those cases:
- An 80% refund will be given to teams that do not start any game in an event.
- A 50% refund will be given to teams starting less than half of their scheduled games.
- No refund will be given to teams starting half or more of their scheduled games.
USSSA CONNECTICUT reserves the right to adjust this policy anytime to accommodate unusual circumstances.